Wednesday, August 28, 2013

See You in the Middle Kingdom!

Well that week flew by! One week ago today we were saying goodbye to Greenville and this evening we are saying goodbye to the USA! Later this afternoon we are driving to the airport to take off for China! It doesn't seem real yet, but I know once we are on the road to JFK, it will sink in.

Last Thursday, we traveled form SC to PA. The GSP airport had no air conditioning (major renovations under way) and we got stuck in Chicago for four hours due to weather and aircraft issues. If those are the only bumps along the way, I will be thrilled! When we finally arrived at the Philadelphia airport, my parents were waiting for us. We had a great evening with them and my mom and I made a special trip to Wawa for some much needed coffee!

Friday night, my mom hosted a family get-together. Unfortunately, Kaitie Bug wasn't able to come up but was able to Skype us to be in the family photo.

Saturday morning, we drove three hours to Tim's hometown where we got to see his family. There were about 25 of us together for family photos, eight of which were kids. It went surprisingly well and a lot faster than I expected! My nieces and nephews have some pretty awesome parents - they were so well behaved and SOOO adorable!


While in the State College area, we went to Grange Fair. Now I am a city girl - I don't like animals, dirt or tractors so going to a fair is not exactly at the top of my bucket list. In fact, the first thing I said to Tim when we arrived was "I will try to like this because it was part of your childhood". Well, although I had some issues with allergies (I am very allergic to animals), I really enjoyed hearing stories about Tim's high school years and meeting his former classmates. 


Tim got to see some of his best friends from high school and drink chocolate milk from Meyer Dairy so I know he had a good time.


Yesterday, we had lunch with my best friend from high school  (I totally forgot to get a picture). Although short, it was great to see her big smile and reminisce about our younger years (ok - college years, I know I am not THAT old)! That evening my brothers and their families came over to my parents' house for one last good bye. One of my brothers is driving us to the airport tonight, so that will be the last goodbye!

Our bags are packed.


The car is packed.


We are ready to go!


See you in the middle kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment